Yelhsa's Poetry, and Writings.

Yelhsa's Poetry, and Writings.

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Out From The Ashes, 2009

Out From the Ashes, By Yelhsa Taylor, 2009
Out from the ashes, the coals burned bright. The coals glistened and seemed to breathe as they changed colors and looked almost peaceful, content to be the ones to survive and be remembered long past the scorching flames. Smoke rose and choked out the air, hissing in defiance before it dispersed. Brothers and sisters, am I unlike the coals? Once a lovely tree, chopped down and laid to waste beside the house; facing heat, bitter cold, rain and the night. Whether for amusement or to keep warm, the builder of the fire picked me up and sets me ablaze. Layers are burned away, cleansing away the bugs and rottenness that imbedded itself in. An audience watches as I bare my soul in the blazing coals. The smoke tries to choke me out, but the smoke cannot quench it all; for I still have a voice. Out from the ashes, a coal burns bright.

No comments:

Post a Comment